Thursday, April 16, 2009

So Is It Right?

I heard about this mother who wants to use her dead son's sperm to put in a woman and then raise the child as it's grandmother. The story behind it is that her son always wanted to be a father and have kids and a family. The son was killed in a fight so his mother wanted his dream to live on. The court gave her approval to do this, but should this happen?

What I'm thinking is I'm pretty sure the son wanted to be there for his kids and have a family not just make the kids. Kids grow up everywhere without their parents or only one, but he should have a father and it must kind of suck when he finds out how he really came about. I hope people don't take this as people playing god because that's just bullshit. I guess it's just people doing what they can do. We'll see what happens. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I agree and I dont think its fair. People should have the right to decide those things, it is almost the same situation in an abortion. They are playing God in deciding that they child will die. I believe if it was truly the son's wish and he died, then let it be. It also wouldn't be fair and it would be disrespectful to him if he were to be a father, because he would not be able to raise his child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DONT THINK THAT IS RIGHT. YOU CANT JUST TAKE HIS DREAM.HE WANTED TO RASIE HIS OWN CHILDREN AND HIS MOTHER IS GOING TO RASIE THEM FOR HIM. ALSO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO TELL THE CHILD WHEN THEY ASK WHERE IS MY DADDY. IS SHE GOING TO SAY O HE IS DEAD, HE WAS KILLED BEFORE YOU WERE EVER TOUGHT OF. IT IS NOT RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thats insane. First of all, I would want to know what type of woman would want to create a child with a dead mans sperm and then raise it along with his mother. Then again, there are all types of people on this planet. My first impression of the story made me think that bringing a child into this world without the true father is inhumane, but is it so negative that it out numbers the positives? Is life not worthy anymore because this child was purposely conceived without a father? Hopefully this child will be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that it's right. This can affect the child later on in life and who knows how things are going to end up for all of them. I guess loosing a son is hard but the mom shouldn't go trough all that just becuase he wanted to have kids, even if "he has a kid" he won't be able to enjoy him becuase he's already dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its a horrible thing growing up without a father and crazy grandmother. The mans mom is obviously very upset and just wants to see her son live through the new kid. I definitely don't think this should happen and he government should step in and stop it. What kind of woman would want to be impregnated like this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The courts approved tis case, many are and aren't and people doing this is nothing new that's why women go to sperm banks to get impregnated.

    ReplyDelete