Thursday, May 7, 2009

Streets On Fire

Streets on fire toniiiightt

I was listening to this song by Lupe Fiasco called Streets on Fire and it totally reminded me of the situation that I last blogged about. The general public is pretty dumb, vacuous and too credulous. Everyone begins to play the name game or have some sort of knowledge out of nowhere. It's funny how people come to conclusions with no proof and people believe it.

One part of the song goes "The poor say the rich have the cure The rich say the poor are the source Revolutionaries say it's psychological war Invented by the press Just to have something to report Some say the first case came from a maternity ward Some say a morgue, some say the skies, some say the floor Whores say the nuns, nuns say the whores And everybody is sure The scientists said it only infects the mind The little boy said it only infects the girls The Preacher man said it's gonna kill off the soul A bum said it's gonna kill the whole wide world"

This is exactly how people react. It's sad, maybe this has been you. Don't believe the hype. You know the swine flu actually originated in California, some scientist say. Truth is hard to find who knows. Here's a live performance of Streets on Fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ZuOjJqiLU

1 comment:

  1. This song is a perfect example of how people cast the blame on others. No one ever wants to admit that it was their fault. I can't really talk recently I blamed one of the coaches for losing the keys to the gator when it was in my back pocket the entire time, but I didn't want people to know that I had lost something in my pocket. You can never truly believe the hype.

    ReplyDelete