Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Serious People

Why do people get so mad at my jokes? THEY'RE FUNNY! People get so serious and I'm just like chill haha. If people aren't getting serious they think I'm serious. For example the people I started hanging out with new people and some of them like Emanuel like to think everything I say serious and get all these misconceptions. Or when I'm playing around with my friends girlfriends and they take it for real and tell their boyfriends/my friends and they get mad at me. People need to relax and chill. I guess I can see myself getting mad about jokes, but come on. If you know me, you know I laugh at everything and can make a joke out of anything.

I remember once when I with my girlfriend at the time and she was getting so hard while I was just having a good time in the bad situation. You see we were stuck at this food place and it started raining before we started walking to the mall. She was all pissed and just ugh ruining her day while me, the optimistic one, was all happy saying it could be way worse because it could. I've been in worse situations. She then was like "my god don't you take anything serious" and that's when I realized I'm like my dad because people always said that to him and he was never going to become something. It's like what's the point of being sad and miserable there's nothing you can do about it, and it could be much worse. Don't worry, be happy. I think this is why in V for Vendetta I loved he part when Evey ask V if he took anything serious after he was joking and he says that he truly cares when he jokes about things or is serious, I don't remember i just loved that part.

6 comments:

  1. Kevin I definitely know how you laugh at anything, even the girl in our philosophy class gets pissed at you when you start laughing about stuff. But that’s just you and personally I think it’s pretty cool how you’re always able to see the fun side of the situation. That’s a really healthy way to live you life because then your always happy, and what’s better than being happy. Its like you said, don’t worry be happy, I agree with that 100% because if you do live your life that way, then you will have a happy life. But I also see how people can get frustrated when you joke around about stuff because unfortunately not many people are like you and they always look at the bad stuff. Whatever they say you should stay the same because in the end it’s always better to think the way you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's nothing wrong with being optimistic. Having an optimistic person in a bad situation can make everything seem better or just make the time pass quicker. An optimistic person will always see the good side of something so why would that be considered a bad thing? I guess you just have to know when it's the right time to make a joke and when it isn't. Once that's figured out people will appreciate your optimism in situations a lot more.
    People also like to know that a funny person also has a serious side. When people are constantly joking all the time it probably could get irritating. Having that balance of knowing when it's time to joke and when it's time to be serious sounds like a good mix to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that people who get pissed off at jokes shouldn't even be able to tell them. For example, it wouldn't be fair if I laughed at all my friends racist jokes, but when it comes to my race, I get angry. You should either accept all jokes or none. There is a similarity in politics. I think that if you were to lazy to go out and vote for your favorite president, and the opposing president won, you shouldn't even have the right to complain because you did nothing to prevent it. Now there is a such thing as telling jokes at the wrong moment. For example, it might not be a good idea to be openly "optimistic" during a funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, that's how people are, y'know? Some people just take everything to serious, or they take it the wrong way. It can't be helped. :(
    I say you do what you do and ignore them. Eventually they'll get that you're just fooling around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaaa i love it how i take everything so seriously form you, even though I know your kidding but sometimes you kind of confuse me on whether you are being serious or not haha (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does she ever say anything right? ^

    ReplyDelete