Monday, March 30, 2009

Nice Things

We all love our possessions and material things even some that aren't material. Money, cars, clothes, technology and all that good stuff. I love it too. It's like everything we work hard for and all the value we put into the dollar bill into our valuables. I love my chain, the computer i bought, my phone and everything I have I appreciate it and everything.

...Sometimes I just wish I just didn't have anything at all. No money, no chain, no anything because maybe I would be happy and not have to worry as much about it. Everyone hates it when they get robbed and when people steal from them. I hate it too, but losing things and getting them stolen are two things I just can't get over regardless of what it is. About a month ago my student ID got stolen and someone used the money in my account to buy lunch. I was out money and I card i needed, and it was probably a "friend" who stole it. I never kept anything in my back pack because it might get stolen like in 9Th grade when I left my ipod in there and someone took it during P.E. Probably someone I knew too. About a year ago someone broke into my house and stole my computer and some of my parent's valuables. A few days later I got everything back. I was so happy to have something returned to me and I appreciated our police force because it's a can't live with them, can't live without them relationship. Even though I got my stuff back just having to go through all that was a pain and to find out it was a friend who I let in my house before along with some other kid who stole my stuff. It hurts and it's so fucked up. A few weeks after people got into my car, all they got was some change but still. After everything when it happened I always felt like I wish I just didn't have anything and things like this wouldn't happen and I would be happier and I wouldn't have to always worry. I wouldn't have to always check I have my stuff, ever day when I get home I wouldn't have to walk through my door and hope everything is still there, I wouldn't have to worry about people being in my home.

It's ironic because this all happened in Weston, the rich place with more money and higher class residents. I lived in Fort Lauderdale for 13 years and never had my house robbed. Maybe it was because we didn't really have anything nice for people to take. I think about all this because my friend got robbed way worse than all of those combined and doubled, twice in a row the past weekend in Southwest Ranches. I remember my uncle and aunt got robbed at gun point in my old neighborhood while I was two blocks away so are we safe anywhere? Can you ever avoid this? I hate it.That's why I don't steal because I know how bad it feels.

2 comments:

  1. It's unfortunate how some people resort to stealing to get things when there is another, much more legal way to get what they want like, I don't know, get a job and buy it after saving up money. And also you wouldn't like being robbed so why do it to someone else? Some people are just too greedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, sure money and technology are beneficial to us but it also works against us as well. And with today's economy the crime rates continue to go up because people are loosing their homes and possessions. But, this isn't only happening here in the United Sates its worldwide and it is affecting everyone. I believe people need to remember their morals and were they came from, we can all get through this Together.

    ReplyDelete